A cozy weekend in Portland, Oregon
Marc and I treated ourselves to a 4 day extended weekend visiting Portland, Oregon. We didn’t mind that it rained a little 3 of the 4 days but we sure were happy on that Sunday when we planned on visiting the Willamette wine valley – a 45 minute drive from Portland – to have nothing but sunshine.
Highlights of our trip were:
- the Pearl District, home of funky shops and restaurants including Anthropologie, Sur la Table, and West Elm and tons and tons of other boutiques too numerous to name!
- also in the Pearl, the fabulous ACE Hotel
- connected to this Clyde Commons restaurant. We ate there 2X and LOVED it!
- going to the wine country? a great restaurant in the Willamette valley: The Dundee Bistro
- great Pinots like the ones we visited at Archery Summit
- Williams Sonoma Home – one of 5 in the country, this 3 story building in the NW 23rd district was gorgeous!
- Bijou Cafe in downtown for breakfast – afterall, if its good enough for Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins (there were sitting at the counter!!!) it must be pretty good!
- Fresh Pot Coffee Shop – they used this location in filming this great movie Feast of Love starring Morgan Freeman and Greg Kinnear. We LOVED this movie and had to go there! I mean, what better way to escape the rain by having a delicious stumptown coffee!